Friday, May 7, 2010

Martha Martha Martha!

First of all...I have been wanting to make a Peanut Butter & Jelly Cupcake. I've had ideas of my own but went searching for a yummy peanut butter frosting recipe. Martha to the rescue, not only did she have a peanut butter frosting recipe she had the whole sha-bang. Peanut Butter & Jelly Cupcakes on page 56 in the Martha Stewart's Cupcakes Book. 


Now this brings me to another idea. Some time ago I applied for a spot in a baking club that is dedicated to this very book. The Martha Stewart's Cupcakes Club (MSC) is a blog that chooses one cupcake a month out of the book and all the members bake it, decorate it and blog about it. Well....either I was snubbed OR the waiting list really is that long. Sooooo, what the hell, I am creating my own baking club and so far it has one member...ME. Each month I may or may not choose a cupcake out of this book and I may or may not blog about it. I like my rules better anyway!

Presenting the first cupcake made from Martha Stewart's Cupcakes...

Peanut Butter & Jelly Cupcakes

MUST be eaten with a tall glass of ice cold milk. The icing is to die for. AH MY GAH! Seriously, thinking it would go great on chocolate cupcakes even better. The cake was a little more dense then I usually like but it truly tasted just like a pb&j. I used homemade raspberry preserves and squirted it into the middle of each cupcake using what I like to call the "twinkie tip" or for you go-by-the-book people Wilton tip #230. I topped them all with the frosting and drizzled a little more preserves on top. My husband and neighbor were very happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment